Sports Injury Treatment Centre in Delhi
Hip pain in sportsmen and women often occurs in conjunction with or is related to chronic groin pain. Here we explain the common causes of hip pain in sport.
Hip pain in children is often diagnosed as Perth’s disease and it is very important that hip pain in children should be examined by a Doctor.
The Sporting Hip
Younger sports-related hip issues may come on after prolonged running, jumping, or lending activities.
Specific sporting hip conditions should be discussed and thoroughly assessed by your Hip Physiotherapist.
Biomechanical deficits and subtle hip weakness that may only show on a slow-motion video are just two of the potential causes of sporting hip injuries.
Hip Pain Assessment
The successful treatment of your hip pain requires a thorough and accurate assessment of your:
- Entire lower limb (foot, ankle, knee, hip, groin)
- Lumbar spine
- Pelvis and SIJ function and alignment
- Deep hip muscle control and activation patterns
- Middle and superficial hip muscle control, strength and function
- Deep abdominal, core and pelvic floor muscle control
- Upper thigh muscle length and strength (e.g. quadriceps, adductors, hamstrings, and ITB)
- Neural tissue extensibility e.g. Sciatic and Femoral Nerve
- Hip Joint Biomechanics.